Saturday, July 19, 2014

DIY Everyday Lotion

Ingredients:
  • Extra virgin olive oil 1 oz
  • Jojoba Oil 1 oz, or any other essential oils
  • Thickening base:
  1. Aloe Vera Gel 4 oz, double the amount as the essentials oils, or as much as needed for consistency
  2. Store bought lotion*: Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion Fragrance Free 4 oz, double the amount of essential oils that you are using
  3. Fragrant lotion (Optional):Victoria's Secret super fragrant lotions about 1-2 oz on top of everything for the aroma. 
  • Tee Tree Oil (Optional) 5 drops to 0.25 oz (Do not add if you plan to use this lotion as a makeup remover)
*I use a few different types of plant base lotions, they do not necessarily have to be fragrance free, I often add extra fragrant lotion anyway, but this one from Aveeno happened to be fragrance free. Most of the botanical types lotion has naturally nice soothing fragrance which I absolutely loved. Basically as long as it is plant base with mostly natural ingredients and safe for sensitive skin, it should be good enough.

These are the two basic everyday lotion I use for my whole body after shower and as a regular makeup remover. That's why it is crucial that I do not add tea tree oil if I plan on using it for my face since it will sting pretty badly around the eye areas.


No comments:

Post a Comment